PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Ultrachip

xsbc63x
02-13-2005, 10:10 PM
I was wonder what the PROS and CONS are for the ultrachip and is it compatible with the 009 injectors? Also how many lb an hour are the 009 injectors?

Keller
02-13-2005, 10:51 PM
The Ultrachip is available from Casper's Electronics. It can be ordered for different sized injectors. Pro's are that it has 8 different settings, one of which is "anti theft". Cons (in my opinion)...only one I can think of is that the whole thing has to be sent back for a reconfiguring every time your car gets some changes made, instead of one little chip. Minor issue.

I actually have one made up with a blank chip that I can burn other chip images into.

Here is a contribution from John Spina of Casper's from 2001:

"The Caspers chip is actually known as the Ultrachip, and has eight settings, numbered 0 thru 7. I invented it and marketed it in 1988, and it's been thru several revisions since then. Early versions used a slide switch in addition to the thumbwheel switch, which acted as an anti-theft switch. Early units (version 1.00 thru 3.01) did not allow the program chip to be removed, and version 3.02 and newer was re-designed to be able to remove - and upgrade - the program chip, allowing the hardware to be re-used. The current Ultrachip includes an anti-theft (no-start) setting, a valet setting (12PSI, 4800 RPM, 65 MPH limit), a stock "92" recall chip setting, and the rest being performance settings that allow incremental timing and fuel upward adjustments, 2 degrees at a time. The chip is also available in "full custom", strictly for strip applications, and is available in blank form so you can program it yourself. The MAXIMUM EFFORT version is available in both 8 and 16 position settings and is designed for big injectors, open loop, and all-out racing. Casper's still has the Ultrachip available, and Maximum Effort has them as well. I hope this removes the mystery of thumbwheels....
-John Spina "

http://www.casperselectronics.com

Keller
02-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Lucas 009's are 42.5 Lb/Hr.