PDA

View Full Version : OHIO '87 T-Type REGAL w/ T-Tops FOR SALE/TRADE

Kreal
02-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Hello!

I currently daily drive this car, and have been doing so since I purchased it several months ago for a daily driver. The car had several problems when I first purchased it (transmission $400, brake line $150, Full-Tune-Up $200, Heater Core $100, Water Pump $100, etc) and ALL PROBLEMS have been taken care of (hence the prices I paid next to the problems. Car runs & drives GREAT, is able to be driven anywhere. 26k original miles.

Gun Metal Gray Color (factory) w/ red pin stripping running the length of the car. Factory aluminum GN/T-Type wheels w/ all center caps. All T-Type emblems. Also a front spoiler.

Light gray cloth interior w/ blue dashboard & accents (all factory). No wear on seats, cracks on dash, no sagging door panels or worn carpet. Interior is in amazing condition. (headliner sagged, so I fixed it, not professionally but hard to tell otherwise.)

Car has:
T-Tops
FULL Black-Out Trim Package
Power Windows
Power Locks
Air Conditioning
Digital Dash (!!!!!)
Cruise Control
Bucket Seats
Console Shifter
Aluminum, Factory Wheels w/ all center caps
Concert Sound II Stereo
307v8 (factory)

NON-TURBO (factory ordered) True T-type, but not turbo. I ran the trunk paper.

I bought the car with 25k on the dash. I figured it was 125k since it didn't have room for the extra digit infront of the 25k. I never looked at the title. I met the original owner's son and he assured me the 25k was original mileage. I did not believe him until I went home, checked the title, and saw 25k original miles. Has 26k now.

Engine: Great
Transmission: Freshly Rebuilt Less than 500 miles ago. Great w/ warranty
Exhaust: Great
Electronics: All work flawlessly except power lock switch on driver's side does not unlock driver's side. I installed an alarm system w/ remote & kill switches.
Tires: White lettered racing tires with 50% tread left on them. A/C needs recharged.

Car sat for a LONG time before I bought it. It is evident of this in two ways, one the original owner's son told me it was his father's car and when his father passed away his mother never drove it so it sat in a marshy back yard. And two, the wheel wells have NO rust (as if the car was driven in the winter or salt) zero zip.

However, the underside, rocker panels, underneath the doors, and rear lower panels have pretty bad rust. Would be very easy to fix, however.

Car just needs the rust taken care of (does not even need new body panels except maybe rocker panels, just some holes fixed), and a scratch on the front psgr fender taken care of (someone key'd it). Runs great.

I am daily driving this car and have too many projects. When I decide to buy another car this one will either be sold, or put in storage until I can find time to fix the rust & restore it. Paint shines like brand new, some dull spots.

MAKE AN OFFER I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS WORTH.
Youngstown Ohio
xkreal@aol.com

djork
02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
NON-TURBO (factory ordered) True T-type, but not turbo. I ran the trunk paper.

I'm not sure I understand how it's a "true T-Type" but non-turbo at the same time?

1987 GN
02-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure I understand how it's a "true T-Type" but non-turbo at the same time?

In 1987 there were no t-types there were regals with the T package. You could order a turbo charged regal with the T package or you could order a 307 V-8 regal with the T package. So it is possible to have a naturally aspirated v-8 regal with the T-package. Hope this clears it up for you.

djork
02-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Hope this clears it up for you.

Yes, it does. I will have to keep that in mind before I jump on the next T-Type I see! I have an insurance claim burning a hole in my pocket right now... :(