PDA

View Full Version : attaching pressure guages

Brian F
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello Gents,

A question for you guys concerning the installation of an autometer mechanicle fuel pressure guage. The kit comes with a t-fitting to attach to a fuel line but I suspect that I would be better served attaching to the fuel rail service port.

Do I have to remove the Schrader valve or can I get an adapter to push the plunger in?

What is the best place to T in on Boost Guage installation?

kenmosher
08-09-2011, 09:35 AM
You will probably have to remove the schrader valve... all the "push in" type things I've seen seem to eventually cause problems with bending the stem on the valve or leaking.

There are several write ups of how/where to install a boost gauge on the site.

Brian F
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Ive seen the write ups, at the risk of sounding dumb, just wondering where you guys opin is the best method to tie in, the MAP, boost guage, waste gate solenoide? Where is the most accurate reading going to come from? or does it matter?

Second how do you remove the Schrader Valve, just pull it out? or does it wind off? haven't looked that closely at it yet.

Keller
08-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Do not attach to the wastegate solenoid. I recommend the MAP line, right where it comes from the engine. (Rear of the motor, passenger's side. Don't cut the line; T off there.

The MAP feeds the boost gauge electronically. That is all it does. Could even remove the line, and feed off the T it is on. Will lose the dash gauge, but it really doesn't matter if you have a real gauge being added.

Get a valve core removal tool at a bike shop or auto parts store. It must be screwed out.

Brian F
08-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks Keller,

Is The MAP line the small diameter semi-hard plastic line that looks the same as the vac line for the climate control? If so do you recomend attaching the T right at the distribution block?

Keller
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Is The MAP line the small diameter semi-hard plastic line that looks the same as the vac line for the climate control? If so do you recomend (sic) attaching the T right at the distribution block?

a) Yes.
b) The line does not run to the vacuum block atop the motor. It runs to a smaller block behind the passenger's side of the motor. It can be seen near the firewall.

Brian F
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Thank you sir