PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Gn!

JBIRD
02-18-2005, 11:10 PM
OK GUYS, FIGURED OUT THE MSD! THERE WAS A MSD MODULE ADAPTER SANDWICHED BETWEEN THECOIL, AND STOCK MODULE.(THAT IS WHAT THEY GLUED IN PLACE). BUT, I FIGURED WITH THE STOCK IGN. STILL IN PLACE, I RIPPED OUT ALL THE GLUE, DISCONNECTED THE MSD BOX, AND MODULE, AND HOOKED EVERYTHING BACK TO STOCK. SHE FIRED RIGHT UP THIS TIME,
BUT, UNDER ACCELERATION, SAME DAMN PROBLEM!
MISSING, AND SLUGGISH! SO, THE MSD WASN'T THE PROBLEM :banghead: DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE STOCK IGN. MODULE IS THE CULPRIT! :confused:
THE COIL, APPEARED TO BE NEW, AND REPLACED FROM THE SHOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
PS, SO I KNOW I AM NOT CRAZY, SOMEONE VERIFY THE PLUG, OR FIRING ORDER FOR ME!

vipers t type
02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
This is what i would do .If you have access to a BEAR machine you need to do a KV test to secondary ignition.What this will tell you is weather you have a bad ingnition wire or plug . Now if you have access to a scanner you need to scan while under a load and see witch cylinder is missfirering.By doing these things this will narrow some problems down to a min .The firering order is as follows 1.3.5.2.4.6 on cyliner side and on ignition coil is 1.5.3 4.2.6 this is what it looks like looking at the ignition coil.One more thing you need to also look at the fuel presure, this will also cause some hesitation and missfires. Hope this will help you :D