PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Grand national rumor?

chrisjkruse
12-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Has anyone heard about a 2012 Grand national?

If this is true... I hope I dont see a sideways engine and front wheel drive ..EEEEK! ..some of these original designers are getting old by now.:yawn:

And if their punk kids get involved it might be a compact, whiney , chassis scraper..with an EMENEM inspired sound system ...:eek:

It needs to be done right..(like the picture I guess)....But if it can't be done right, then it needs to be called SOMETHING ELSE!

kenmosher
12-27-2011, 12:58 PM
It's just a rumor ... the new Buick Turbo and the up-model Buick Regal Turbo GS are basically what the rumor stemmed from, IMHO.

http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2011/06/2012-buick-regal-gs-front-three-quarter2-623x389.jpg

Turbo EcoTec engine, available 6 speed manual and about 280 HP. Nice ride ... the wife is interested in maybe this as her DD, but has a tough time giving up the AWD in her V50. I've driving the Regal Turbo and it's a nice sedan. The extra HP in the GS should make it a lot more fun, but the GS is hard to find around here right now. I imagine they'll start stocking them in the next couple months though.

Keller
12-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Has anyone heard about a 2012 Grand national?
That is just some Photoshop joke. Buick does not run anything in NASCAR/Nationwide/Sprint Cup anymore, so why have a "Grand National"?
If this is true... I hope I dont see a sideways engine and front wheel drive ..EEEEK! ..some of these original designers are getting old by now.
There was a FWD Grand National...LeSabre, in 1986. Very few made, though.

The designers are probably all retired now, and the designer of the "Power 6" logo has passed away.

There is a good chance that the Opel GTC coupe will appear as a Buick turbo "hot hatch", but no chance of it being a "Grand National", IMHO.

kenmosher
12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1109_2012_buick_regal_gs_first_test/

A good review of the GS ... not a GN, but pretty darn impressive in it's class.