PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 86-87 T-Type or GN for trade + cash

djork
02-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Hello,

I have a 1973 Caprice Classic convertible that I'd like to get rid of, and I'm also in the market for a new daily driver that also allows for some fun. A T-Type would be ideal, as it would look be the evil twin to my recently totaled (barely... and not my fault) 86 Regal. The Caprice is red, with white seats and brown carpet/dash. The paint is about 2 years old, and the seats were re-done shortly after the paint. It has a 350ci V8 with a 2bbl carb. It is not the fastest off the line, but it smokes tires. The electric convertible top works fine with a little help, but could stand to be re-stitched. The passenger window does not go up. Sadly, this car has not been garaged for about 2 years. Here's the big caveat: the passenger side rear quarter panel is rusted. The drivers' side was replaced before being painted. A 1973 Impala panel would replace it. It cost me roughtly $800 to get the other one done.

Otherwise, it's time for a loan... because I'm going to get a Turbo Buick somehow or another.

I am in MD, but am willing to pick up in PA, VA, NJ, WV, DE, or other reasonably close areas.

-John

its turbo time
02-24-2005, 07:10 PM
hey i actually have a wrecked 86 t type if you're interested in a real project, i got hit on the passenger side right where the door meets the quarter panel so that area is pretty torn up and something or other is wrong with the rear end and it doesn't want to roll completely and it skids one of the back wheels. let me know, i'm in Missouri. figured i'd try anyway though, and by the way, the wreck i got in wasn't my fault either and i almost broke down and cried.