PDA

View Full Version : How to remove gauge cluster?

smallblock413
04-10-2012, 10:52 PM
did a search did not see what i was looking for...my dash gauge is still not reading correct..can someone point me in the right direction to remove cluster to check for broken leds oor maybe a ground....i can tap side of dash gauge will move to a diff position but wont go to EMPTY when EMPTY nor FULL when FULL....CHECKED SENDER when iput pump in tank and with sender to EMPTY I COULD hit side of dash it would go to EMPTY with the arm all way up i would hit dash it would show FULL...ANY thoughts would help...

PaCemkr86
04-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Is the only problem your having with the fuel gauge?. What type of cluster do you have?

smallblock413
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Is the only problem your having with the fuel gauge?. What type of cluster do you have?

yes the only problem is the gauge does not read right....analog,,..

PaCemkr86
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
The removal of the dash cluster is pretty simple, if you can swap out a fuel pump the cluster will be no problem for you. The only difficult part is the speedo cable and vss. I would remove it and just do a visual inspection first. Sometimes just by unplugging the connectors and reconnecting them fixes stuff on these old cars.

smallblock413
04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
The removal of the dash cluster is pretty simple, if you can swap out a fuel pump the cluster will be no problem for you. The only difficult part is the speedo cable and vss. I would remove it and just do a visual inspection first. Sometimes just by unplugging the connectors and reconnecting them fixes stuff on these old cars.

cool thanks...