PDA

View Full Version : 87 Turbo Regal blown power

veritemps
05-19-2012, 08:56 AM
While changing the brake combi-vlv I reattached the neg bat cable finger tight also forgot and left the the switch connection half loose on top of the vlv & turned on the ignition switch which went to far and bumped the starter knocking out all power. what do I blow or trip [it was instant no sign of arcing or burning?

Thanks for any direction, George.

kenmosher
05-19-2012, 09:36 AM
George ... not to be "that guy", but the text speak and run on sentence make it almost impossible to figure out what you are saying. :dunno:

I'd like to help, but we need a clear and concise description of the problem before we can help you.

veritemps
05-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Negative battery cable was hand tight. low pressure switch connector on brake combi vavle was resting on top of valve but not snapped in place. I switched on the key to run the power master pump. I had power at this point. but the pump didn't come so turned the key a little more and the starter tried to engage but something went open and knocked out all power to the whole electrical system. How do I proceed to find the open circuit?

Keller
05-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Do you have any blown fuses?

kenmosher
05-20-2012, 09:13 AM
If the fuses are good, I'd start checking fusible links down by the starter nose.