PDA

View Full Version : Help with trim needed

tylerside
06-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Hey,

Is there any pics, or can anyone supply some of the black plastic trim pcs that are around the bottom of 87 gn front seats and cover the seat mounts?

I am trying to put mine back in, and have also extra regal pcs all mixed together, and can't figure anything out to save my life.

I have a power drivers seat. Did any come with power pass seat as well?

Thanks Tyler.

Keller
06-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I have a power drivers seat. Did any come with power pass seat as well?
I think the only way to get a bolt in power passenger's seat is to get a base from one in a Cadillac Cimmaron (i.e. fancy Chevy Cavalier) and bolt a G body seat to it. Don't believe they were offered stock.

Are you asking about power seat trim or manual seat trim?

tylerside
06-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I have a drivers power seat, and manual passenger seat, and need some pics of the black plastic trim placement around the bottom of both. lol I just can't figure out which goes where, and which pcs I have are from a std regal bench seat that I don't need. Been too long since I took the trim off. Feel like such a newbie! lol.

tylerside
06-16-2012, 01:56 PM
anyone have a camera or link to pics?

tylerside
06-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Anyone able to help?

tylerside
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Anybody? Please? Please!

kenmosher
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
I was looking at mine ... ? Looks pretty straight forward?

Thought I could just scan the crash book W44 diagram, but it's pretty worthless. Just a generic diagram of a seat and lots more detail on seat belts.

Took some crappy photos, maybe they'll help?

tylerside
06-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks Ken,

Maybe I will take a pic of the trim pcs I have, and you guys can tell me which ones are right. Maybe I don't have most of the correct pieces and that is what is screwing me up. I'll be back!

tylerside
06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
OK Here are pics of the various pcs which I have. I named them 1 thru 6. I am thinking that maybe I am missing some pcs, and some are not for the gn seats at all. Please let me know what ones are correct, how many I need and where they go if possible. I have only one of some of them and several of others, in both left and right side pcs. Thank you sooo much.

Tyler.

I am not sure if I attached the pics correctly. Attachments button (paper clip)?

tylerside
06-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh good, the pics attached correctly, please see above. Thanks.

Keller
06-21-2012, 11:52 AM
The fifth photo you posted is for the front of a manual seat. I have one just like it I took off my passenger's left rail in order to fit a laptop stand mount.

I suspect the power seats have different covers than the manual ones.

tylerside
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
OK cool, so peice 5 is for the front of a manual seat. Is it for just the one rail or both rails?

Keller
06-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Guessing both, as it is not shaped in a way that would make it different for either side.

tylerside
06-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the input. Do any of these peices look like the covers for the rear of the manual seats?

Keller
06-22-2012, 01:04 PM
OK cool, so peice 5 is for the front of a manual seat. Is it for just the one rail or both rails?
Actually, it is definitely for the inside at the floor. The outside works with a long piece on both seats.

Piece three looks like a inner rear piece of trim. I think there are different (reverse) ones for driver's and passenger's seats.

tylerside
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
So which long pc of trim is for which seat? and I assume they are for the outsides by the doors. This will be a big help in pcing everything together.

Keller
06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Do you have a drivers power seat and a manual passengers seat?

With manual seats I believe the trim is pretty smooth the length of the piece.

tylerside
06-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Yes I have dr power seat. I THINK that pc 1 is for the drivers seat, and pc 2 for the manual pass seat, but not sure. It is hard to see with the seats bolted in how well the pcs fit. If I have to I will take them out to figure it out, but if you can confirm which is which, it obviosly will help.

The only thing that has me puzzled though, is that on the pass side seat, the spring and lever arm to move the seat seems to stick out the side, in the way of the trim? I am starting to wonder if the body shop it was at has had the seat track off and screwed something up or? I will take a picture. Maybe it is right, but seems odd for some reason.

tylerside
06-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Okay I have got some pcs figured out I think. If someone could let me know if it looks right that would be great. If something looks wrong, please let me know!2703

tylerside
06-24-2012, 10:46 AM
In image #1 - Is this correct? Does not look right to me. Is the seat rail supposed to be this exposed.

In image #6 - What is this front screw supposed to screw in to? There is nothing there to attach it to. Is something missing.

Image #9 - I still can not figure out where this peice is supposed to go? Anyone know?

Thanks Tyler.

kenmosher
06-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I think #9 might "hook" around the rails as an end cap? Maybe?

My car is in a tough place to look at seat stuff right now unfortunately.

tylerside
06-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Not sure Ken. I have tried putting it in all different spots, but can't seem to figure out a spot where it fits and doesn't interfere with other things.

tylerside
06-27-2012, 09:21 PM
anyone have anymore input or suggestions?

tylerside
07-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Ken, wondering if you can post me a pic of the drivers side bottom of seat on the door side. From the pics you had posted, I am thinking that I am missing a peice or two of black trim in that area.

Would be a lot easier if someone else had a car around here!

kenmosher
07-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Sorry for the photo quality, but the GN is up against the wall and hard to get a good angle.

Side and front corner shots.