PDA

View Full Version : Fuel level guage

Indiana
03-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Fuel level guage is stuck on 1/8th tank. There is 8-10 gallons of fuel in the car. I took the clear cover off the dash and can move the needle by hand to anywhere and then turn the key to power it up and it takes itself right back to 1/8th full. So obviously I've got power to the guage I guess. Is the fuel level I'm seeing a defualt level of some kind telling me that something isn't working. I had this car totally gutted months ago during the restoration and have been chasing the bugs out for a few weeks. It has ATR double pumper and hot wire kits that are new. Possibly something I did installing the pumps? I was quite careful putting them in the tank. Should I go ahead and fill the tank full of gas to see what happens? At this point I'm willing to try anything suggested. I have traced the wires and if I'm looking at the diagrams correct it's the pink wire that carries the signal right? Fuses are all fine too. I plan on bracket racing this car and need to know my fuel level is always the same on each pass for consistency plus it's just inconvenient not to know for street driving.
Thanks in advance.