PDA

View Full Version : 85 Downpipe!

JBIRD
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Anyone Know Where You Can Get A Nice Downpipe For The 84/85 Cars! Mine Is 3" Homemade, And Looks Like Crap. Looking For A New One! IS THE 83 DOWNPIPE SET UP THE SAME, I KNOW IT'S CARBED, BUT THE TURBO HAD THE SAME UPPER PLACEMENT? TRYING TO FIND MY BEST ALTERNATIVE!
Thanks

1QUICK85
03-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Are you looking for an aftermarket one?? If so then ATR makes a 2.5in downpipe for our cars. Its stainless steal. Otherwise there are some 3in downpipes out there too.........Mease Performance, Lee Thompson(not sure if he still makes 'em).

http://www.atrperformance.com/index.php?cPath=1_4
If you dont see the downpipe on their website just contact them for a catalog they have headers, crossover, up pipe, downpipe, race pipes, cat-back system, & cat. convertors for the hot air cars.

Nick

JBIRD
03-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks A Lot! Was Wondering If Anyone Was Ever Going To Help. I'm Going To Check Out The Atr, Mine Was Handmade By A Couple Jerks, They Took 3" Mandrel Pipe Bends, And Just Kept Welding One Small Piece At A Time, Some Of The Crapiest Welds You Have Ever Seen(real Chunky), And Then Just Dumped It Out Under The Passenger Door. I Need To Run An Exhaust, So A New Downpipe Is Deffinitely Where I Have To Start. And I Didn't Want To Throw An Original Back On, Unless I Really Had To!
Thanks Again!