PDA

View Full Version : intercoolers for 84-85 turbo regals

Red84Ttype
10-22-2012, 03:42 PM
I found a company that is willing.to make a custom intercooler for my 84 t type. The company is called ETS extreme turbo systems. They specialize in Sti
& Evos but theyve done a few classics before. Is there another.company that you guys suggest going through for my intercooler?

kenmosher
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Spearco used to make a kit and there was one innovative guy on here/the mailing list that did a DIY conversion using a stock 86-87 intercooler, but vendors are pretty few and far between. Many of them are no longer in business or don't make the kits any more.

http://www.forcedinductions.com/product4.htm

and I'd try the "usual suspects" ... Full Throttle, Cotton's Performance, G-Body Parts, Precision Turbo, etc.

Red84Ttype
10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
well i actually found a few comp. willing to customize 1 for me. is there any downside because they never done a TR before

kenmosher
10-24-2012, 01:38 PM
That's the downside ... they will be learning on your car.

I'd also wonder about cost at that point ... might be silly high if they have to fabricate everything for mounting brackets, pipes, etc.

Then you need a chip for it, most likely and if you're going to the trouble I'd go to the blow thru style MAF (ala 86-87 cars) and 86-87 ECM.