PDA

View Full Version : 4.1l stage II off center block

Advfuelsys
01-25-2013, 05:27 AM
I bought 2 stage II engine blocks in 1994. Duttweiler eng built the 3.8 which still runs great. The 4.1l was preserved for future use. I may have lost my desire to build another one. So...HELP...I have a mint condition uncut stage II off center 4.1l v6 engine block. It could be used to make new engine molds. I need to know what it is worth, but have been out of touch with the industry as of late. Any advice would be appreciated...

kenmosher
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Very cool!

However, TA Performance already has done a "super Stage II" block.

http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TA_V3800

so that kind of hurts the value of yours a little. The TA piece is really nice, but kind of pricey at $3995 for just the block.

I've seen some complete Stage 2 motors go for $5-7K (depending on completeness), so that might give you a ballpark of what the block might be worth?

Is it machined? Does it have the billet mains? ... and so on, can drive the price up a bit. Hope that helps!

Advfuelsys
01-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. I remember i paid just under 6k back in 94 for a 3.8 short block with forged internals b&bprinted by Duttweilers...Then ted wayman sent me a set of M&A stage 3 aluminum heads that had to be reimpregnated TWICE to end the weeping...I don't miss those days... Anyways, i didnt realize the price isn't much higher now. Maybe I can afford to build it after all. thanks again.