PDA

View Full Version : A thanks to the forum

BklynGN
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
My GN was totalled by a drunk driver (thankfully i was standing next to the car and it was parked and not inside) about 10 years ago. Ive finally been able to save up enough to buy another and have been looking the past few weeks online at sales.
I havent had a GN since mine was destroyed, and forgot the VIN codes and trunk sticker codes that make our cars what they are. So I did some research on the forums and went out today to see a "GN"
105,000 miles for $10,900
Well firstly the interior looked a little off, it said Regal on the dash and not Grand National, also the head rests where the after marker kind with GN written. Also the carpet was grey. When asked about this, the guy said it was dirty and he changed it all. The guy was quick to point out the Turbo numeral in the VIN. I thought well since i did still have the carpet from my GN, maybe it was worth it. (it was also missing the tail wing)
But when i looked at the trunk sticker, i noticed it had the code for the Turbo T not the GN. So this creep was passing off a T as a GN.
I just said thank you i'll be in touch.
Well my search continues, but wanted to thank you all for the info which helped me from making a mistake! :faint:

Keller
02-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Glad to hear to were able to put the info to good use. :tup:

Even a few dealers back in '87 tried to pass off WE4s as GNs.