PDA

View Full Version : BGC vs Tweak

jtfab1
05-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I have an older chip in my car, a BGC street plus 10 chip. The idea of the chip from what I remember, was to allow full out boost until the car hit a certain speed or rpm, then kick the wastegate in to prevent detonation.

I have found this chip to be good, but at the sametime realize that technology moves on with time. Everyone seems to be swearing by TurboTweak chips. Just wondering what the advantages would be to going with a new chip, and what all is available in the latest and greatest. ( what about Kenne Bell and Red Armstrong? still in the game for good parts? )

Tyler.

Keller
05-25-2013, 08:02 PM
KB has been out of Buick stuff for well over a decade.

BGC has been out of business for a long time, too.

Red's chips work well, but he has not been at the forefront in this area.

The TT chips actually allow you to adjust timing and fueling. Pretty impressive given that the chip is only 4K in size.

Shawn N
05-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Exactly the TT chip works directly with the Scanmaster. Kenne Bell, Bowling Green Customs, Poston all gone. Look towards RJC Racing, G Body Parts, Highway Stars (oem/reproduction parts). Caspers and Kirban are still around also.

jtfab1
05-26-2013, 09:50 AM
How do they allow you to adjust timing and fueling? And how do they work directly with a scanmaster?

Keller
05-26-2013, 11:48 AM
With any scan tool, you can adjust the parameters before the car is running. Certain fields give information that are keyed to allow a fairly large adjustment of four different timing and fueling parameters.

Note that some of these are for first and second gear, while others are for third and fourth gear. Unless your trans is built right, that might not be of value to you.

The "works with Scanmaster" bit is a little misleading. The adjustments can be made using any good scan tool. If you have Powerlogger, there is a chip for the Scanmaster to allow its data rate to match that of the "fast" data stream that it displays. However, I don't think that is what he was referring to.