PDA

View Full Version : How to tell what kind of chip

Rugger
09-03-2013, 08:58 PM
I just bought an 87 GN. Trying to go through the car to figuar out what needs to be done first to update fix old mods ect. The car had a bunch of work done at connleys here in Houston, so I would assume its one of his chips. It has a hand written sticker on it with the mileage. Is there really any way to tell what's in it?

Ts86ttype
09-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I would just call Connelys and see if they have records on your TR... They may burn their own chips... A place to start, and if you want to upgrade, maybe try Turbo Tweak chips... I really like them and great support... Tom G

Rugger
09-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Connleys closed in 07 or 08. I am thinking after I do so maintance and what of going with the TT chip. Will it work well with my 36# injectors?

Keller
09-03-2013, 10:19 PM
A lot of different places made chips. And Conley may have made some of his own. You could look at the tables in the chip and get a better idea, but it would not be trivial to do.

Chips are calibrated to match the injectors you have. If you have 36# injectors, there are a few different kinds. Just give TT the part number off of them when you order your chip.

Rugger
09-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Thank you for the info. This is my first turbo car so i want to make sure everything is up to snuff with it. I think the car was modded in the late 90's. I know technology has came along way,

Brandon