PDA

View Full Version : Headers Glowing Orange?!?!

TurboType86
03-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I finally got around to cleaning under my hood. I took out as much as I could replaced alot of the old crap with new. Up Pipe, Maf Pipe , Turbo Shield etc.. I fixed all the stray wires painted and what not. After getting her all back together I noticed two Problems my brakes feel like hell and after she runs about 5min my drivers side header glows a pretty bright orange. Im far from knowledgable on these cars but I try. I checked the spark plugs and wires to make sure they were'nt backwards and they were fine. What else should I check? Anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

kenmosher
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Wow!

Several things could be happening ... severely retarded timing, super lean or super rich, etc.

Is the new MAF a known good one? Is it a translator with an LT1 MAF? Makes me wonder if the MAF is reading wonky or something?

Do you have any scan numbers?

TurboType86
03-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok, The maf sensor was not changed when the problem occured. It is relatively new though. Its the same as my old stock one, I think I got it from Ebay. I dont have a Scan Master yet I only have the little $6 Scan Tool and its showing a 32. "EGR, BARO sensor voltage." Hopefully you know what this means and how to check it because I surely don't. I would guess its running pretty rich it always has but the headers never glowed like that so Im guessing its from something I hooked up wrong. The only other things that you might need to know is Im not 100% I hooked the EGR hoses up correctly from the scan # Im thinking I should try that first. Also there is a plug near/under the coil pack that has two places it could go that look the same once again not 100% they're hooked up correctly. As you can probably tell I really do not know much about cars in general I just started getting into it about a year ago when I got my 86 T-type. So please bare with my stupidity!! Any help would be GREAT!! Thanks!