PDA

View Full Version : Will not pass Emissions =(

Savageninja
03-23-2005, 04:26 PM
:banghead:
I am running 52.5# injectors, and have been passing emissions with flying colors for last 4 years, and all of a sudden its running very rich. Mass airflor sensor seems to be in parameters, fuel prssure is at 30 psi.
Has new o2 sensor, plugs, wires, what else should I look at?
oh yeah, has red 93 chip

mybuick
03-23-2005, 07:20 PM
usually those injectors need 43# of fuel pressure, so i think you have lean misfire set it at 43# and take off the wastegate rod and then go to the emissions and you will pass. and take off any gauges you have because the kids that do the test like looking at them and not pay attention to the test.

Savageninja
03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
hmm ok well the co's are at 2.0

and H C's are high on idle
everything else is great at cruise

it is failing in idle

so , if I give the fuel to 43#'s VS 30 #'s it should be ok?

Keller
03-23-2005, 11:45 PM
I think Red's chip (and just about any aftermarket chip) is too fat at idle so the car won't have a lean miss at idle. There isn't much chance it will pass at idle with that chip. You can try increasing the fuel pressure a bit if you are close, but it may make it worse.

Getting injectors nearly twice the size of the stock ones to pass isn't easy. There are a few people that have been getting large injectors to work through emissions. As much as 72 lb./hr. through IM240. Custom emission chips and lower fuel pressures are usually required.

Drop me a note and I will see if I can connect you with a potential source.

Savageninja
03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Hmm, very interesting insight.
yeah I have run them 009's for several years and have passed nicely, even with the red chip. I would like to try and get one of them chips you are talking about, oh by the way the stock chip makes it waaay worse!
it runs better with the 93 red chip, but tis just barely failing on idle.

Keller
03-24-2005, 09:54 PM
oh by the way the stock chip makes it waaay worse!

The stock chip is metered for 28 lb/hr injectors. ECM can't compensate for the larger injectors with the stock chip. Makes sense to me.

Savageninja
03-31-2005, 05:30 PM
I think Red's chip (and just about any aftermarket chip) is too fat at idle so the car won't have a lean miss at idle. There isn't much chance it will pass at idle with that chip. You can try increasing the fuel pressure a bit if you are close, but it may make it worse.

Getting injectors nearly twice the size of the stock ones to pass isn't easy. There are a few people that have been getting large injectors to work through emissions. As much as 72 lb./hr. through IM240. Custom emission chips and lower fuel pressures are usually required.

Drop me a note and I will see if I can connect you with a potential source.

ANy information leading to the whereabouts on a chip that will allow me to pass emissions would be great=) or any other kind of help

And87mnr
03-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Kinda sounds like the problem i'm having. I'm sure glad we dont have any kind of emmissions tests in North Dakota.

magil23
09-23-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm in the same boat... My hc's at idle are a bit high.... uder throttle everything is fine... Does anyone know were i can get a emissions chip...

thanks,
Shawn

Ormand
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Try Turbotweak, Eric can provide a chip with closed loop idle for most injectors, should get you by.