PDA

View Full Version : Help Decide Stock Stretch Vs Front Mount

xsbc63x
03-26-2005, 09:42 PM
help me decide on what intercooler to go with for my 86 ttype its going to be a daily driver with a te63-1 turbo and alky and other basic mods.

ajt86
03-28-2005, 09:59 PM
i love my precision front mount on my car- im going with the same size turbo as you- right now i have a turbonetics cheetah with the .82 exhaust housing and shes a pig to get it spooled- im switching to a te63-1 and some 72lb injectors- and of coarse a turbotweak chip- eric is great on his customer service end. some will say a front mount steels air from your rediator daily driving- with a 160 stat i run pretty cool- i have a manual fan switch if i want to override the computer- and i have a trans cooler between that and the intercooler- and my trans temp is always good.

Chip
03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
My $0.02 worth is that unless you have a balls-out strip machine you're cutting up your car and wasting your time with a front mount.

Ya sure, on a dyno with 117 octane fuel, a front mount will gulp more fresh air and do a little better. On the other hand, your question was regarding street. If that's the case, you'd have to be running a true mid 10's street legal ride to actaully benefit much at all from a front mount. Even then, in a street light-to-light contest, the temp spikes with a front mount may actually outweigh the benefits.

This is an old, old, old discussion (kinda like red states and blue states) you ain't gonna change anyone's mind.

Good luck ! :)

xsbc63x
03-30-2005, 12:58 AM
thanks for your input guys I think Im gonna get a stock mount intercooler.