PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump install

Survivor87
03-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I have my fuel tank down and pump and sending unit out. My install kit that came from Racetronix has a paper clip in it. What in the world is that for? The rest of the kit seems self-explanatory. If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Survivor87
03-30-2005, 10:03 AM
OK.......I started working on the thing and figured it out: The paper clip is to release the tabs on the factory wiring connectors so the wires can be removed and inserted into the Racetronix in-tank wiring. I now have the new pump in and running. The pump had been replaced once as I suspected but I couldn't tell if it had been leaking at the outlet as had been suggested. However, after a couple of shakedown drives I no longer have fuel creeping up the vapor return line. So far, so good!

welby
04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
I just did a new Walbro the other day, and wondered the same thing about the clip. After flipping things over like a confused chimp for a little while, I figured it out, lol. :D How hard to could it be to include some general directions? :banghead:

Survivor87
04-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if your "plug and play" kit was wired correctly. I had to move the hot lead on the connector that plugs into the pump. There are two unused slots, and it was plugged into one of them. Not a big deal, but I had to stop and look things over for a second.
Steve