PDA

View Full Version : Heater core hoses

Turbo Trans Am
08-29-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm replacing my heater core on my TTA, and the hoses are stuck to the nipples. It looks like I'm going to have to cut them off and replace them. I was wondering if these were a specific part (if so, what number) that I can order cheaply, or if I should just take them to autozone and have them make me new ones. They look and feel stiff & as if they are made to bend a specific way that I can't imagine regular cut hose from autozone doing. They didn't really know what part I was talking about and said they couldn't find anything called a heater hose or heater core hose. Thanks for the help -replacing this part has been a complete biatch so far!

Turbo Trans Am
08-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Got GM part numbers for hoses - 10136833 & 10136834, but guess what......discontinued. Big supprise. These hoses look like they were formed a certain way and I would like some if anybody knows where I can get them, otherwise I will go to autozone and have them cut me some plain new ones.

Keller
08-31-2004, 11:16 PM
Are those TTA-specific parts? The numbers do not match any at http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/8687pn.html

Might try to see if any of those from the TR application would work. Otherwise, ask your TTA brothers for some sourcing advice or a possible fit reference.