PDA

View Full Version : knock problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

V6TurboElCamino
04-03-2005, 09:25 PM
ok i bought a 1978 elcamino with a 87 gn drivetrain, everything looks to be stock but the chip aint. the chip reads HP137R-528SDL Pitt Bull copyright 1990.The problem is when ever i punch it, it knocks hard. the scanmaster sometimes says it knocks up to 27.?? aint this hella bad? the papers that came with the scanmaster say it should only be at around 3.0 at the most. Someone told me it could be the chip.and yes i do have stock injectors. can someone please help.
thanks_Daniel

vipers t type
04-03-2005, 11:03 PM
st you need to check this chip out,it may be too much for those stock injectors.

V6TurboElCamino
04-04-2005, 01:54 AM
yea thats what im working on rite now, cause the car was done by a friend and he baught the engine and everything from some guys who have these cars, and i think they kinda tried to give him a hard time cause my friend didnt know much about these cars and i think they just did a few things to the engine to give him a hard time, cause they dont want anyone else having a fast ride. so far i found all most of the little things they did, and working on more. but yea im trying to get a stock chip from a buddy, he said he has 5 chip that he will give to me, so one of them has to be a stock one. Thanks for you input.

___i have some more problems i think cause today i took the intercool off and is there supposed to be oil res in there, cause there was a little in the tubes and the up pipe?