PDA

View Full Version : blowing fuse

turbogn86
08-31-2004, 08:42 PM
ok i located this problem after i installed my MP3 CD player in my 86' GN. when the running lights are turned on while the radio is pluged up the fuse blows. it is the fuse that the running lights are on that blows (20). my dad is looking for a switch of somsort that will have a wire from the ignition (that uses low voltage) an triggers the switch to turn on an get power from the battery, while suppliing power an also cutting it off when the car is turned off. anyone heard of such a thing or know a better solution? :banghead:

Danin
09-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Personally I think something's really poorly hacked if you're popping the fuse for your running lights when your radio's on with them.. According to schematics, radio and running lights aren't on the same circuit at all, unless I glanced wrong. First things first, tear that thing out and re-wire it, using the stock wire harness if possible. If not, there are terminals in the fuse box clearly labeled BAT and IGN (In my 87, anyways..not sure if it's the same in the 86), though I can't promise they won't be sharing a fuse with something else you might pop.. If you still have problems figuring things out, I have access to complete electrical schematics for the car, email me or some such and we'll arrange to send them to you.