PDA

View Full Version : Heater core help and electrical problem

Turbo Trans Am
08-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey everyone. My heater core in the TTA is being a complete biatch. Anyone have some good instructions, maybe with photos, for replacing one? I get limited time to work on it at the auto shop on base, and I really don't know how much stuff I'm supposed to take apart to get to it. I've spent a couple hours already and still don't see it, but most of the time has been me searching for hidden bolts, as this is the first dash I've taken apart. Also....my buddy on base was working on his car at the same time as me, trying to fix door locks in the fuse box under his dash, when he noticed the pins for the door lock relay were not there. He transferred pins from the fuel pump slot to the door lock relay to test it. He connected battery again (forgot to take his smart pills) and moved the pins back to the fuel pump relay slot. Two of them touched, a spark jumped from one pin to the other pin, and now fuel pump, radio, and power trunk release isn't working. The engine won't turn over and we are wondering what could be damaged and how to diagnose it. His car is a Saturn SL2 (I know it's not a TTA, but you guys are the most knowledgable car genuises in the world.) Any help from you guys on this matter or if you can direct us to anyone who could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Keller
09-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey everyone. My heater core in the TTA is being a complete biatch. Anyone have some good instructions, maybe with photos, for replacing one? I get limited time to work on it at the auto shop on base, and I really don't know how much stuff I'm supposed to take apart to get to it. I've spent a couple hours already and still don't see it, but most of the time has been me searching for hidden bolts, as this is the first dash I've taken apart. Also....my buddy on base was working on his car at the same time as me, trying to fix door locks in the fuse box under his dash, when he noticed the pins for the door lock relay were not there. He transferred pins from the fuel pump slot to the door lock relay to test it. He connected battery again (forgot to take his smart pills) and moved the pins back to the fuel pump relay slot. Two of them touched, a spark jumped from one pin to the other pin, and now fuel pump, radio, and power trunk release isn't working. The engine won't turn over and we are wondering what could be damaged and how to diagnose it. His car is a Saturn SL2 (I know it's not a TTA, but you guys are the most knowledgable car genuises in the world.) Any help from you guys on this matter or if you can direct us to anyone who could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/airconditioning/heatercore.html is the best I can offer at the moment. Someone sent pictures to go with this, but they aren't yet integrated. And not being TTA, they might not be relevant.

You are making notes to write at TTA specific article, right?

Perhaps your buddy blew his relay or sizzled a fusible link off the starter. Try www.xtremega.com or www.cheersandgears.com as this is all TR/TTA here.