PDA

View Full Version : my break problem...

buddiiee
05-22-2005, 07:55 PM
the stock setup in this car was ok, (the previous owner just threw some new pads up front a couple weeks before i picked er up.) they stopped fine, and never squeaked, till i got home. then they squeaked soo bad i couldnt stand it. i mean squealed like youve NEVER heard brakes squeal before. i tried greasin the caliper mount pins. nothing, then i greased the whole deal. all contact points. nothin. i then bought new brake pads. just the plain old ones from murrays. nothing big. the squeal went away for about a day, then right back to where i was before. so then i buy these semi nonamed crossdrilled rotors from murrays for 70 bux each, (cuz my old ones, come to find out, had micro cracks in them) and they didnt squeal, for the first day, then, they started to squeal again, but not as bad as the first setup 5 days ago. so my friend at murrays suggested the bosch ceramics for me. he said itll definately stop the squealing, AND help with brake dust. well, on the box it said itll do all of that, plus decrease braking distance. well i threw em on, and they stopped squealing like a stuck pig but, they DEFINATELY did NOT reduce brake dust, in fact, i think they dust up even more, and they do NOT decrease your breaking distance by ANY stretch of the imagination. the guy said theyre 'beveled' on each side for some reason which makes em good. well how do you figure that. theyre beveled soo much on each side, that like only 60 percent of the entire brake pad surface actually contacts the rotor now. how in the HELL is that good? all i know is those pads suck ass, and now i dont know if its because of the cross drilled rotors (which ive never had before, i dont know what kinda performance to expect from them) or just the pads themselves. but im scared that if i go back to the normal pads, theyll squeal again, and id rather put up with brake dust and ****ty braking than that really messed up squeal again. do the drilled rotors have anything to do with increased dust do you think? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.