PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Chip To Upgrade To?

boutime
05-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I Have A 86 Gn With 40lb Injectors,ta 49 Turbo And Some Slight Other Mods. What Is The Best Chip To Upgrade To From Stock? Red Armstrong? Thrasher? Pitbull?

turbowanabe
05-24-2005, 09:18 PM
www.turbotweak.com His name is Eric and his chips are awesome- ask me how I know! :)

boutime
05-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks I.ll Give Him A Call.

PaCemkr86
05-25-2005, 12:13 PM
stay the hell away from Pitbill, I ve had good results from Max Effort
and Reds,Thrasher, The extender extreme chip from Full throttle using the maf T+

stizkidz
08-26-2005, 09:58 PM
I have the PitBull chip made by ATR in my 87 GN now. Could someone please give me a few reasons why I should stop using it?

Keller
08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Asking what is the best chip is sort of like asking what is someone's favorite color. You will get different answers. The question is really who is keeping up on all the current technology and new products in the market. And also powering the cars that are winning races. Use that as your guide.

PaCemkr86
08-28-2005, 02:38 PM
I have the PitBull chip made by ATR in my 87 GN now. Could someone please give me a few reasons why I should stop using it?

The ones i have seen, have alot of timmig in them

cherrypie
09-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Some the older ATR pitbulls had alot of timing( makes for a good race chip) but the newer version Pitbulls are very street friendly. Now a days a street chip will only have about 20* in it.

Red A makes a good chip.

stizkidz
09-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about the chip Red Armstrong makes. Where can I find out more info on his chips? Are they for street or race? Do they require changing the injectors?

Keller
09-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Red's chips are available from Red @ Quad Air. Note that you may end up talking to Jane (his wife) or his assistant (whose name escapes me...). See our vendor list. ( http://www.gnttype.org/vendors/index.html#Q ) Available for street or race, and all types of injectors.

buddiiee
01-16-2006, 08:43 PM
yea, what keller said. its all on who keeps the most current, and does the most research. and from ive found, fullthrottlespeed's mike licht is no joke. he really knows his stuff. front and back. ive picked his brain several times and hes never ever not had an answer. and not some 'it just works' answer. he knows the ins and outs. otherwise, i would hung up, and went somewhere else. call em up, hell steer anyone in the right direction.