PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side view mirror

Igotboost
05-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the side view mirror? Mine seems to just bounce around when I am driving. I don't know if something is loose or broken. Thanks for any help. :p

kenmosher
05-25-2005, 11:49 AM
There should be a little "joystick" to adjust it on the door arm rest. It's cable operated.

Igotboost
05-25-2005, 12:56 PM
:) I should have explained it a little bit clearer. The "joystick" moves around with no resistance, it's as if the cable or the mechanism inside the mirror housing, is not holding the mirror in place after I make the adjustments. Although the mirror does move when I make the adjustment, it just does not hold. Thanks :p

kenmosher
05-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Pretty common for that cable to become disconnected or break if it gets moisture in it.

Probably need a new cable ... and it's kind of a pain in the butt to disassemble the door and the mirror...

Keller
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
In an '86 non-turbo Regal I had, the joystick sunk down into the door a bit due to the set screw which holds it getting loose. Never bothered to take the door apart and tigten it. Just made manual adjustments.

The 'cable' is actually three cables from the mirror to the joystick. I somewhat doubt all of them could break at once...