PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade for a t-type or gn

mattywilz
05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Well heres the deal. I have a very nice 1997 Z-28 with 95k that I'm looking to trade for a t-type or gn. Im not really sure what is in my range. The Z-28 is probably worth around 7,500 and I'm not sure what that will get me. The t-type seems to be the better option since they are a couple grand less only without the cosmetics the gn has, but im not sure what to really look for, mileage, options, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Keller
06-01-2005, 02:47 AM
A fairly well-used 86/87 may be in that range. Proably with ~100k+ miles.

If you really keep your eyes open and are willing to travel and work with other people at other locations to do some detective work, you may find a real diamond in the rough. i.e. A one or two owner car that was not abused or highly modified and doesn't have some sick amount of miles, has had regular maintenance, and is looking for a new home. Such a car may be going for anywhere from 0.5x your target price to 1.5x your target price if they know what they have.

Keep an eye on the ads here, and read along with the discussions on the site to see what is good and bad about these cars.

Also, read http://www.gnttype.org/general/buyguide.html

Happy hunting!