PDA

View Full Version : Roll Cage Suggestions

crobrun78
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I am building a car to run mid 10's but I don't have a cage in it. I want to be able to race my toy but I don't want to destroy it's good looks. What is a good roll cage that fits the rules and aesthetics I'm looking for. Also, what are the rules on cage specifics? I'd appreciate the help, guys! :)

kenmosher
06-09-2005, 09:53 AM
You'll need to get the NHRA rule book ... there's several pages of specs and such for rollbars, cages, ets.

The Reader's Digest vesion:
- Tube thickness: min. thickness will depend on tube material (chrome moly tubing can be thinner, due to its strength)
- Tube angles: the side bar has to be between the shoulder and elbow of the seated driver
- Cage/bar construction

I had a local guy fabricate one to fit the car ... he could custom bend the bar to fit tightly to the roof and B pillar and to go thru the back deck. Hard to see the bar from outside the car and the side bars were removable.

crobrun78
06-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks Ken! I'll have to get a hold of that rule book. Could you send me some pics of your roll-cage installation? I'm really worried about messing up the "Stock" appearance of the car for an occasional quarter mile jaunt. Thanks for giving us TR guys a great place to swap advice! Crobrun78@aol.com

ajt86
07-16-2005, 10:26 PM
is there anyway to use the "backseat savers" with an 8 point cage? im in the same boat- its not gonna be a daily driver- but not a all out track queen. i want somthing to keep me safe, legal, but keep the car mostly functional