PDA

View Full Version : ATR Exter. Wastegate

edv2
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I have an Atr full exhaust w/ external wastegate, and I just found out the car is over boosting (climbs slowly to 21 then shoots to 26#'s).I took cover off to find the diaphram has a hole in it!Also the lower valve part Will Not Move at all! At the Buick car show in Norwalk ,OH. I heard two guys talking about having problems W/ the old units and that tubonetics is making new wastegates for them. Has any one else had problems? Is any body making a direct replacement to fit Atr down pipe? :)

TIA
Ed V.

Keller
06-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Is yours purple or aluminum with writing screened on it?

If the former, ATR has migrated to the latter. You may be able to upgrade right from ATR.

Also, ATR now makes "Terry Houston style" downpipes with integrated flapper wastegates.

edv2
06-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks Keller for the Info.Mine is aluminium W/ letters adhered to it! So are you saying there is an upgrade for this? Is it free or wil I have to pay? As of now I'm thinking of going to a Tial adapted to the ATR pipe. This is suposed to be the hot set-up!I do not want to skimp on this,as it is the only thing between the turbo and a blown head gasket!

TIA
Ed V. :)