PDA

View Full Version : Weird request (but a good cause!)

Pestodude
06-22-2005, 09:17 PM
This is going to sound strange but bear with me... My son has been tutored for years by a truly amazing man. This man has dedicated his life to expanding the minds of teenagers. His infectious enthusiasm for learning has brought hundreds of kids who had no interest in school or learning to love reading, and learning about all the world has to offer. Most of his students who have struggled in school for years routinely finish in the top of their class. Although he is literally a genius, he has never pursued a life of financial gain. He has chosen instead to live modestly in a one room apartment and follow his "calling."
Here's the wierd part... his "secret" fantasy has been to someday ride in a Buick Grand National. For as long as we've known him, he has waxed on about "the most fantastic car ever built." I don't think he even has a drivers licence! He just wants to "ride in his fantasy car once before he dies."
Last month he found out that he has an inoperable brain tumor and has been given about six months to live.
I am willing to pay whatever it takes to allow this man to experience this simple pleasure he has talked about for so many years.
Is there a member in the Los Angeles area who would be willing to spend about a half an hour and give my friend a quick ride?
Please e-mail me @ randallcjames@yahoo.com
Thanks for your time!
Randy James

kenmosher
06-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Where are you at Randy? Or more importantly ... where is the ride to take place?

PaCemkr86
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
If he happens to take a trip to the Texas coast "corpus Christi", let me know, we have several GN owners, that would love to help out.

GNwife
07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Randy,

Hope someone can help you fulfill this friend's dream.

Diana