PDA

View Full Version : Getting a BOV

lozerkidz3
06-25-2005, 10:03 PM
I know GN's dont need them but i want one i love that discharge sound, cant help it :), for those of you who have one or know which BOV will be able to hold boost levels between 18-23 (higher end for when its on racing fuel), thanks for you input

PaCemkr86
06-26-2005, 12:01 AM
the tial 50mm works fine for mine

and heard alot of good things about the HKS unit

NEO
07-05-2005, 03:40 PM
I am using a Monza BOV. Similiar to the HKS unit. You can get these for around a $100 shipped off of ebay. It has worked very well for me.

l3lue
07-06-2005, 10:51 AM
how hard is a BOV to install?

NEO
07-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Not hard at all as long as you have access to a welder or know some one that does.

I installed my Monza SSQV on the up pipe near the the throttle body on the drivers side. I had a buddy tig weld the flange on. Then I cleared the main hole thru the flange with a drill and a die grinder. I tapped into the vacuum line going to the charcoal canister for the signal to the BOV.

This BOV vents to atmosphere, but is closed at idle. I have not experienced any lost MAF counts or seen any diffence in my BLM at idle or part throttle. I still have compresser surge from time to time, usually at a part throttle condition, but I have not tried to adjust the BOV yet. It has a screw on the back of BOV to adjust how it vents. The BOV vents nicely on anything above 3 psi. This BOV also comes with an adaptor if you want route it back into the intake between the MAF and the turbo.

Another benefit besides the relieving the compresser surge, is that I can let out of the throttle and get right back into it and boost comes right back. Spool up in this situation is pretty much instant.

I can post pictures if anyone wants, I hope this helps.