PDA

View Full Version : What bigger injectors do to stock car?

Turbo Trans Am
09-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I am going through the process of upgrading my TTA. I have stock fuel pump, injectors, and no adjustable fuel regulator. If I increase my injectors to 50#, will my fuel rate be the same? What determines how much fuel is actually flowing? Will my mileage be the same? How will my stock car reac to 50# injectors being installed?

nova
09-06-2004, 01:15 AM
I couldn't say for sure, there may be some minor issues with volume, flow and fuel pressure using all the other stock parts. On the other hand as long as you get a good chip to go with the new injectors they should work fine (and whoever is programing the chip knows what you want).

Turbo2nr
09-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Injectors usually need a bigger pump, or you will just have to wait untill you can buy a new pump before you go up in boost. Who cares about fuel milage? Buy a little honda for that. It is, what it is.

Keller
09-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Stock injectors are about 28 lbs./hr. So 50's are approaching twice the stock size. I helped with the build of a car that managed to go 11.0, and 50's were just barely big enough.

As someone else noted, the flow rate is ultimately controlled by the chip. However, larger injectors flow more fuel. Period. And the chip needs to be changed for the injector size. You need a better pump than stock for anything, no matter what. A different regulator would be recommended. A 237 (fixed pressure) regulator at minimum, an adjustable would be recommended.

Mileage? Very well may decrease. Depending on your goals, you may not need 50 lb/hr injectors, however.

Turbo2nr
09-15-2004, 06:32 AM
before you start buying parts, get a plan! what are your long term goals? Do you have a couple of extra cars? How fast do you want to go? The faster you go, the more parts you will break, the more money you will need. Ask a lot of questions first! How long do you think you will own this car? Etc..

Scott H.