PDA

View Full Version : monthly cruise in near Charlotte, NC

00 YEAH
07-03-2005, 09:11 PM
hi folks. not sure if yall are aware, but we have a monthly cruise in Rock Hill, SC, which is about 15-20min south of Charlotte. It's at a little place called Tubby's - they're VERY car friendly and know most of us monthly regulars by name, can grab our drinks from memory, and always take good care of us. it's usually the first saturday of every month around 6pm, put for this month we've pushed it back to the 2nd saturday due to the holiday. we would love to see you guys down there! it was started for camaros/firebirds, but we've expanded to include domestic muscle in general. so come on and talk some cars with us! we just love to ooh and aah over those hot V6's.

directions: I-77 to cherry road exit (82B, i think)
go through approx 4 red lights - pass arby's on your right, experttire (or some tire place on your right, adavnce auto on your left) and tubby's is the next building on your right after the tire store. 2nd building on the right after freeman's car stereo, if thats easier.

corsair231
07-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I won't be able to make it this month but I will sure try to catch it before the summer is out. There are also a couple of other cruises in the Charlotte area. Every Wed. there is a small gathering in Monroe (about 20-25 miles east of Charlotte, straight down U.S. 74. It's in a parking lot for Ci-Ci's Pizza next to an Advance Auto.) It was started by a local club but everyone is invited. There are usually a couple of dozen, all makes and models, in attendance including the occasional hair-dried Buicks like my 87 WE4T. They start gathering around 6:30 and hang out for a couple of hours. There is also a large cruise in a small town called Oakboro about 30 miles north-east of Charlotte. The whole town gets into it. They have a burn-out contest, street vendors selling food, and sometimes they have live music or a DJ while you cruise/stroll down main street admiring the cars. They usually hold it every 3rd or 4th Fri. of the month. And last but not least there is Rockingham Dragway. They have a test and tune every Fri. and brackets every Sat. and lots of special events. Its about 70 miles east of Charlotte but you can get full 1/4 mile runs for just a few bucks. There are a few Grand Nasties that show up occasionally to show the locals that although this is Mustang country you still must bow to the cowboy with a six-shooter :D . Hope to see you around. Let me know what kind of ride you have and I'll keep my eyes open.

00 YEAH
07-07-2005, 11:02 AM
yea, i know a few of the ol' turbo 6 fellas in the area... keith, sully, pacecar chris, and a few others. quite a few used to come to tubby's, a couple still do. i've got a white LS1 Z28 with 18" silver wheels and ghost flames, back plates are "00 YEAH". my boyfriend has a blue and yellow 03 cobra that's pretty well known in the area. butwe both have a weakness for those hair dryer cars, we're trying to turbo a 96 GT ourselves. ;)