PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problems

Bruce Behringer
07-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I have a couple of transmission problems with my '85 GN (2004R) and need some advice.

The first is that the transmission shifts OK when cold, but when hot it shifts too early. I think the TCC is locking up too early, sometimes as low as 20 MPH as it shifts into third with light acceleration. Scan tool shows that the electrical signal to the TCC is coming on at about 35 MPH. From looking at other posts in this forum it looks like the TCC solenoid could be the problem. There are no problems releasing when applying the brake. Is the TCC solenoid the problem and is 35 MPH OK for the TCC signal? Is the TCC solenoid the same as the 86-87 GN's (part number 8639900)?

The second is that fluid is leaking from the front of the transmission. It drips fluid steadily for days, leaking 1 to 2 quarts over a week. I cleaned and inspected it with the trans in the car. There is no fluid running down the torque converter or the front of the pump plate. It may be running around the outside of the pump plate. Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies.