PDA

View Full Version : Strange 02 sensor readings

crobrun78
07-16-2005, 03:04 AM
I hope I'm not the only one who has been confused by O2 sensor readings. Mine shows to hold between 700-800 for the most part but will sometimes go to 000 and the ECM kinda freaks out and surges the engine for an embarassing situation at a stop-light. Under throttle it runs like OJ in a Bronco but I let off the gas and it just goes to the teens or zero. What's up with that? Also, I have recently installed an Art Carr extreme 2004R tranny and a TE-45A turbo with an RJC boost controller and it doesn't seem to jump off the line as fast as it used to. I cannot spin the tires. I run 22# of boost with the alcohol and 45# of fuel pressure. What do I need to do to make my car perform? I have all the go fast goodies (55# injectors, dual Walbro FP's with 3/8 return line, FP reg, Large Front mt intercooler, Airbags, ATR single shot exhaust, 3.5" LS1 MAF w/translator, SMC Alky kit, SMC extender chip, Scanmaster and Directscan)

CRobRun78

kenmosher
07-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Sounds like you might want to do a little tweaking to your Translator settings and to make sure that your IAC is adjusted (via the Minimum Air Setting procedure).

It's normal for O2 voltage to drop to near zero when you let off the throttle ... it's called Deceleration Fuel Cut Off (DFCO).