PDA

View Full Version : Ready to put it back together

1badv6
07-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Need info or help, on how to set up timing and where do the marks on the balancer need to be , also is set up diffrent since cam is not original ? i got a comp cam 206 / 206

thank's Mark

one more thing sent the oil pan to get powdercoated and the guy also coated inside the pan looks nice but!! could this be a problem with oil and heat later ???

kenmosher
07-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Is the cam already installed?

If not, the two marks on the gears need to lined up (cam gear mark pointing down, crank gear pointing up).

Then bolt the crank pulley on (200 ft/lb) and timing is all set up. Use a cam sensor setting tool (or follow the procedure on the web site) to get the cam sensor set and you should be good.

1badv6
07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
the cam was installed at the machine shop and the mark's in this case are round there are other marks also but these were facing each other at the bottom what I mean the cam gear is at the bottom and the crank is at top, it a Speed Pro timing set - part No. 220-3129 dbl roller chain that was recommended by www.merkelengines.com this guy is A+ really takes time to explain every thing to the last detail

about the powder coating should i sand blast the inside of the oil pan or its ok the leave it coated ???????

kenmosher
07-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Yep, the gears are lined up correctly.

As far as powdercoating goes, without seeing it ... I'd say leave it alone. Oil temps should never get above 300 degrees (and if they do you have bigger problems!).

As long as they used an oil/gas proof powder (which they normally do on stuff like this), it should be OK.