PDA

View Full Version : Can stock steroes be obtained?

Hedge
07-18-2005, 10:25 PM
I just bought a GN and it has some old horrible sounding radio in it with wood grain around it. My guess is somebody had the radio stolen at one time or they had an upgrade in it and before selling the car the took it and and replaced it with the thing that is in there now.

My question is can stock radios still be obtained? If so where? I would like to put the car in original condition.

leehatten
07-19-2005, 02:25 AM
I Have An 85 Wit The Eq Maybe We Can Do A Trade Or Something

buddiiee
07-25-2005, 05:20 PM
yes, theres a number of places that you can get radios from. you just have to look. look all over this site, ask dennis at kirbanperformance.com, and theres another 2 places, though i cant think of them off the bat. i will though, just email me in a day or two. try google.com. i know theyre there, cuz i seen one of the company's advertisements in hotrod magazine as well. they reburbish them, and rebuild them like brand new. ;) from what i hear, theyre pretty lame sounding though. i was going to put a stocker back in as well, but, decided against it. if you were to put the stocker back in, (i dont know $hit about stereos) i guess, if its possible, throw an amp somewhere in the setup, and get some really quality speakers like bose, karman hardon, or infinity, and youll be squared away. ;)

ajt86
07-26-2005, 10:18 PM
i have one from an 87 GN with concert sound II and EQ- make me a good offer if you want it- farfromgone211@yahoo.com

Hedge
07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Well I am going to replace the in car stereo with some kind of CD player etc. What I want to do is find out what kibd of stereo came in the car from the factory and find one of those to keep aside so I could put the car back all original if I wanted. Does anybody know how to find out which stereo came in their car?

If it is the same as the one you have I would be interested. I just got to figure out what came in mine first.

ajt86
07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
look at your RPO codes under the trunk lid the RPO for my stereo is

UX1 Delco GM Graphic Equalizer, cassette tape & ETR AM Stereo- FM Stereo radio with seek and scan, auto reverse with search/repeat and clock

thats straight from the window sticker i have from my car. look on the trunk lid and look for UX1

PaCemkr86
07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
all day long on ebay... thats where i got mine
with concert sound as well