PDA

View Full Version : newbie(sorry so long)

slowsix
07-19-2005, 03:40 AM
just wanted to say hi i just got a 1987 gn for $2,500 bucks the guys wife told him he had to get rid of one of his cars his slostang haha or the gn he thought there was a whole bunch wrong with it the only thing i found was a badly misadjusted tps sensor it was at .22 at idle :crackup: the first thing i did was spring clean the thing then had a local guy here in syracuse ny build my tranny he's done 4 of them one of them is in a low 10sec car then i built my own intake out of a honda accord v6 cold air intake it has the exact bend as the maf pipe just 50 bucks cheaper then i put in the 42 1/2 lbhr injectors and 340 liter per hour fuel pump and then the casper electronics ultra chip from postons and finally the hooker 2 1/2 inch exhaust and the volt booster put some 117 octane and the new vettes didn't know what hit them :crackup: my motor is coming out this winter for a rebuild just wondering if anyone has any turbo selection ideas oh i am also stalled at 3200rpm i am also doing poston's headers terry houston downpipe looking for mid 11s plus reliabilty who would of thought 11s out of a car that rides like a cadillac. :)

carbreaksalot
08-02-2005, 05:45 PM
you are one lucky mutha****a, I had a te44 in my car that seemed to be ok, but my car ran like ****(still beat most of the cars in my area though). If you go any higher than a te44, you will most likey need bigger injectors, your stall is fine. I personally would spend my money on something better than the headers. Dont forget about the intercooler too, frontmounts are where it's at in my opinion, you should definatly get one thats helps to cool the air down (my stock got heatsoaked in no time)

Keller
08-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Uh...so what is the question again? :confused:

If you are asking about a turbo, please pose the question in the 'turbo' area of the forum. That way, if someone searches for a similar problem, your question may answer theirs as well. Same for the injector question (fuel section) and stall question (trans area).

Why do you need a rebuild? Is the engine rattling? A ton of miles? Problems? Don't fix what isn't broke...