PDA

View Full Version : the car is overheating bad.

l3lue
07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
i have my fan running on High Constantly...but the car is still over heating..im sayin high like 230+...what is goin on? i just had the radiator recored like 2 months ago..what are some thigns i need to check..because its not the fan because its running on high at all times..any ideas of what it could be??

kenmosher
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Water pump?
Thermostat?
Have you "burped" the system?
Collapsed radiator hose?

l3lue
07-21-2005, 03:31 PM
hm i drained a little coolant out an kept the cap off so i could see inside the rad. (to where i could see about 2 bare rows) when i let it warm up the coolant didn't do anything then it hovered around 190 and once it was at 193 for a lil while..the coolant level dropped ( about a row and a half or a lil more)...so i wonder if the thermo is jus sticking a lil or just not opening all the way up..what would this mean?

also when they say bubbles in your coolant how big do they mean? with the rad cap off and the coolant a little low once it started to warm up there would be a little bit of foam but not any real bubbles..and there's never bubbles in the overflow tank..

i ordered a 160* thermostat(since im in FL and we dont have winter lol) from summit so hopefully that comes in soon...what do you think my problem is?

also how do you Burp the system?