PDA

View Full Version : century T-Type

jhollows
07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
:) Hello ny name is john, this is my first time on this site, and i'm looking for some help if there are any takers, i purchased a 1987 Buick Century T-Type, in Feburary of this year from the original owner in Rhode Island, it has 61,000 miles, it has a 3.8 v-6, sequential port injection, non turbo, it is all blacked out just like the GN's, it has some pretty unique rims, kinda like turbine style wheels, it has the "T" badges on the fenders, and "buick" on the grille, thats it, it has the "T" on the steering wheel with a floor shifter, the underhood cover has the turbo 6 logo, Sequential Port Injection, written under it, i have researched the V.I.N.# 1G4AL5131H6425796, and it has the factory T-Type option, it also came equipped with factory headers. Now i'm not sure if my car is anything special, i'm just tryin to find out any information i can about it. and if anybody can help me i'll sure appreciate it.

thank you :confused:

Keller
07-28-2005, 04:02 AM
Back when we had the list, people would occasionaly ask about them. Nothing special. Nice looking, but just a regular order car. Might have the FE3 suspension. (i.e. tighter) Little more agressive looking, and pseudo-blacked out, but no real performance specialty.

You can graft a Series I (M62) supercharged motor from a early '90s Park Avenue or Bonneville into it if you want to make it move as well as it looks. It has been done... :thumbsup:

jhollows
07-28-2005, 05:20 PM
thank you Mr. Keller, you just made an evil lightbulb light up above my head, guess i'm gonna start lookin, course my fiancee, will be less than thrilled :nono: , but it really is a sweet ride, i think i'm gonna look into playing with it, if anybody has any info about the motor you told me about, Series 1 (M62), i'd appreciate it. :thumbsup: , thanks

kenmosher
07-28-2005, 05:37 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/swaps/3800swap.html