PDA

View Full Version : Cam sensor low voltage

hillzzzzz
08-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I recently rebuilt a 3.8 and went to set the cam sensor. I followed the shop manual hooking up the jumper wire and checking the voltage into the senso(9 volts), however I only get a reading of .1 volts form the "B" wire which goes to the ignition module. I bought a new cam sensor thinking it was bad but the results were the same with the new one.
I set the cam sensor position from where it went form .1 volts to 0 but the engine runs poorly. Any suggestions where to look?

JHensberry
08-07-2005, 08:31 PM
just did that this weekend. helped my car alot. with the cap off the "window" should be pointing to the drivers side of the car with the harmonic balancer at 0 degrees. If the window is not facing the drivers side of the car then give it another full turn until it is. The sensor needs to be set at 25 A.T.D.C. You need to turn the intercooler fan to turn the harmonic balancer. Look on the website and it will tell you how to correctly set cam sensor. The cam sensor controls the injector timing so it could throw alot of things off. Not that bad to do. Also Postons has a Cam sensor tool that will help you set it correctly. Pretty easy to do, not that bad. Hope this helps.

Joseph

JHensberry
08-07-2005, 08:40 PM
also you could check the IAC counts and the TPS.