PDA

View Full Version : IAC RESET & SETUP !!

1badv6
08-09-2005, 10:24 AM
IAC RESET & SETUP !! , I have a turbolink scaner sence it reads the iac number in % how do i set up iac with it, is it possible to see the or change from % to # on it or is there a table that could be used ????

thank you, Mark

IAC RESET & SETUP !!

kenmosher
08-09-2005, 12:23 PM
TurboLink also shows you counts in the DETAILS screen ... Left hand number is counts ... right hand number is %

http://www.gnttype.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83&stc=1

Hit "F1" and then "How to ..." and then "Interpret the Data" ... lots of good stuff there. For the IAC ...

Idle Air Control (IAC)

This field indicates the number of counts that the Idle Air Control (IAC) motor performs to maintain the idle speed requested by the ECM. This field is also shown as a percentage. The IAC motor extends and retracts a small plunger in the throttle body several times a second to allow air to bypass the closed throttle plates at idle and maintain idle speed. This value may be in the range of 0% (no air bypass) to 100% (maximum air bypass) and the counts range from 0-255. Normally, the IAC should be in the 20-25 count (#) range at idle.

1badv6
08-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the link, I was on a few mnts ago and I'm getting # 71 and tried to adjust as it recommends and nothing the more clockwise I went the high the number got and in the instruction it said if you go the other way it closes the lever and the numbers go up....hummm I guess one the iac may be bad even if its brand new, or there's a vacuum leak that I can here.... what other thing could it be ?????

JHensberry
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
One thing that I have found with my car adjusting through the scanmaster is when I turn it counter clockwise to lower the counts, my TPS goes above 5.0 and the IAC counts dont adjust any more no matter which direction I go. When I adjust the TPS back within range I can go down alittle bit further. Second, when I turn mine clockwise, towards the passenger side, it opens the TB letting more air in, raising RPM. When I go towards the drivers side it closes and lowers the counts, decreasing the air/RPM. Hope this helps. Joseph

1badv6
08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
yeap not getting even near the #'s,,, 65 is the lowest and thats ideling at 800rpm cant get the numbers down and does some one know where the idel needs to be and how to get it there................? :banghead:

Keller
08-10-2005, 12:08 AM
The procedure is an iterative process. You have to adjust the TPS, IAC, and minimum air (throttle blade angle) all a little at a time. Each affects the other either physically or by what the ECM will do with them. Be patient, and follow the procedure on this site. Its not a one step deal, and it may have to be repeated SEVERAL times. Especially if it was way out of whack to begin with.

1badv6
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
thank's to all I must say, it did take time to get it wright but I got it within range to a steady 28 and tps at 41 at idle, if I got lower the engine is very rough it may be the new cam, but over all is running 110% better

thank you all. Mark :D