PDA

View Full Version : Injector Size

douglas james
09-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Good Afternoon. How can I determine the size (pounds) of the injectors that are in the GN I just bought. I think the stock injectors are 28 lbs and if I have say 60 pounders I will definitely go back to stock. I am getting about 9 to 10 MPG. I cannot see any numbers or colors on the outside of the injectors. Thanks, folks.

kenmosher
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Without numbers or other identifying marks (are there any brand names or logos?), it's a crap shoot as to what they are.

60# injectors will have MotoTron and L107 laser etched into the body... they will also be a long "pencil" style injector (instead of "fat body" like 50s or 55s).

That said, a properly calibrated chip and healthy fuel system (including the MAF) should result in 38s, 42s, 50s, 55s, 60s, etc. delivering almost the same fuel economy as stockers.

douglas james
09-07-2005, 04:32 PM
ken, thanks. If the injectors are larger than stock, what changes to the MAF do I need to do in order to keep the larger injectors and improve the gas mileage? Also, when I replace the chip, how should it be calibrated? Caspers Electronics can calibrate it, but to what? Thanks

kenmosher
09-07-2005, 04:56 PM
No MAF changes, it's just that it has be operating correctly (if it is measuring the air wrong, the fuel will be wrong as well).

If you can, take pictures of the injectors and supply any part numbers that might be on them. The only way to get the correct cal, is to know what injectors are in there.