PDA

View Full Version : O2 circuit code and rich condition

meastman75
09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Hello friends. I have recently began to work on my T-Type. I'm experiencing a wierd concern. I'm getting engine codes for O2 circuit failure( dealing with purple wire to the PCM) yet the circuit check ok. I have installed a new Heated O2 sensor. I'm also experiecing an extremely Fat runnig condition as well as preignition when boosting over 5lbs.....

PLEASE HELP I'm melting hear. :confused:

Keller
09-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Are you getting a Code 13? If so, the possible causes are listed at http://www.gnttype.org/maint/malf.html#13

Did this continue with the sensor change? Could be a bad wire or bad ECM.

meastman75
09-09-2005, 01:14 PM
The sensor was replaced and the concern still existed.

Keller
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Concerns are in your head. Codes are in the ECM. Which do you have?

If you have codes, whare are they? See my previous post.

If you have concerns, that might require counseling... ;)

meastman75
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
I appologize for missing the link earlier. "Concerns" are what customers have when the vehicle is brought to the dealership. It is just a force of habit for me to write as though I'm trying to get something covered by warranty. I will do some diag with the references given and get back to you.

Oh yeah. Thank you for the quci response and the wealth of information found on the sight. I just did a Vacuum Brake converstion on the T-Type, and it went great.

meastman75
09-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Connection at ECM is good, Wire for O2 is complete and not shorted to ground or power( no breaks). The sensor is good and the connection at the sensor is good. :mgun: