PDA

View Full Version : Gas Mileage???

CellaGN
09-18-2005, 08:24 AM
I understand i have more fuel delivery , but Since i have done these mods, i have exceptionally horrible gas mileage.
What kinda of Gas mileage should i be getting???
minor mods.
30# injectors
walbro fuel pump
adjustable fuel reg. (43psi line off)
reds 93 chip

thanks
Paul
Derry NH

kenmosher
09-18-2005, 10:44 AM
With those mods, you should be getting stock fuel mileage (as long as you keep your foot out of it ... which is hard! :winkgrin: ).

15-18 around town and high 20s on the highway.

CellaGN
09-18-2005, 11:19 AM
i feel like i've been only getting approx 8 to 9 mpg... Will running rich make bad gas mileage?

kenmosher
09-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Yep ... definitely something is wrong ... way too rich.

Keller
09-18-2005, 06:03 PM
You feel like? Or is that what the numbers show? I usually compute my gas mileage... :confused:

CellaGN
09-18-2005, 07:14 PM
that's what it seems to be getting... Before I did any modifactions to the fuel system. I drove the car from Conn to Nh (230 miles) still had a quarter of a tank left. about 25mpg highway. Now i can watch the gallons go down. I'm wondering if the chip i have is causin it. I dunno anymore. I think it needs to go to the Buick Dealership. My brain is fried trying to figure this thing out.

Paul C'
Derry Nh

shorti28
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
stay away from the dealerships they are ripoffs and don't know about aftermarket modification. They will tell you you can't run what you have because it's not stock.... believe me I made that mistake once when I first bought my gn. These guys on this forum will get you fixed they are the best I found for our cars and there advice is free. If you have half a brain these guys will get you right.