PDA

View Full Version : TA wheel question

oneshot
09-20-2005, 07:37 PM
When i am looking for the GNX style wheels, i take it that i need to get 4 fronts. What are the size of these fronts because i know someone sellling 4 wheels but not sure about what size i am suppose to ask for

Keller
09-21-2005, 01:13 AM
The backspace on the rear wheels used on the rears on those F bodies is something around 6". It puts a wheel with tire right up agaist your frame. The fronts are much less, and fit a G body MUCH better.

I've heard of people using spacers to make the rears work, but then you have safety issues and they will look pretty goofy as well. :tdown:

turbo andy
09-24-2005, 08:14 AM
GTA rims are 16"x8" and were instaled on cars '85-'92.

kenmosher
09-24-2005, 09:31 AM
There are two different styles of GTA wheels as well ... the early ones have a "dimple" at the end of the spokes while the later ones don't.

johnny5
09-27-2005, 12:44 AM
I bougt 4 very clean GTA wheels for my GN 2 years ago. I run the rear wheels with 1.25 inch wheel adapters -- not spacers -- and they are very solid and the rear wheels look perfectly aligned with the fronts. You'll have a far better chance of finding a good set of reasonable fronts and rears than just 4 fronts. If you go with adapters check out Skulte Performance. Great product, good service. Good Luck.