PDA

View Full Version : How many 87 Regal t types were made?

10-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I have an 87 Regal T. How many of these were made? Mecahniclly this car is still great- still quick. Engine and Turbo have been rebuilt, but the exterior has been neglected over the past 5 years- has surface rust. Interior is tan velour- good shape. If I decide to paint it- What are these going for these days? I'm the original owner, bought this on 2/8/87 for $16,393. thank you...

Keller
10-02-2005, 01:47 PM
I have an 87 Regal T. How many of these were made?

http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html

As far as values, see the prices in the ads in this forum for an indication on the market. A lot depends on the condition, originality, and mileage.

10-03-2005, 12:11 AM
So, what are the main differences between the Regal Turbo T WE4, Regal Limited Turbo, and Base Regal Turbo T?

Keller
10-03-2005, 01:07 AM
See the pictures in the link posted.

- WE4's are and '87 only package. Black, black bumpers, grey interiors. Turbo V6, of course.

- T/Limited are T's that also have the Limited's cushy velvet interior or leather interior. May even have cornering lamps and a vinyl half top. The ultimate stealth vehicle. Turbo V6, naturally.

- A base T is just that. A Regal with the T & turbo packages. May have black trim, may not. Only Turbo V6 figures listed.

10-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Dang, my age is showing- So when I purchased this in '87, I ordered the Regal with T package- I have the "nice" velour interior. I did not get a vinyl top though. Is there anything on any of my tags that would specify Limited Edition? Or should I assume this is a standard Regal with the T package? Still pondering if I should put any money into this, or just sit on it... Thank you for your response and help...

Keller
10-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Cloth interiors and velour are not the same. Limiteds also have "Limited" nameplates on the rear quarters, inner door panels, and above the glovebox.

See http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html and check your RPO tag.

10-03-2005, 07:14 PM
ah- ha- No limited name plate on mine... Thank you for the clarification