PDA

View Full Version : Lighted Passenger Side Visor?

Hedge
10-05-2005, 03:33 AM
It seems I read somewhere at one time that all the electical harnesses are there for all the options even though the car may not have come with those options. Can anyone confirm this? For example my car did not come with the passenger side lighted vanity mirror but i would like to replace my visor with one. Is this possible? Do i have to buy any extra wiring to do this? Any input here would be great.

PaCemkr86
10-05-2005, 08:27 AM
im not sure on this one, but you could pull the front of the headlinner down near the mirror and look for the harness

Keller
10-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I can almost guarantee you don't have the connections if you don't have the option to start with.

A work friend bought a '86 Regal w/V6 from me. Car was a plain-jain stripper that was a $1000 gradmma stripper that I bought as a winter driver one year. He wanted to change out the AM radio. Took it to a stereo shop to get a system installed. Well, they offered a "$1 install". However, this car had no wiring for rear speakers, since it had never had any need for them with the AM box. When he came in to pick it up, they were wanting to charge him extra for the wiring job...

Wouln't be hard to make up a harness or snag one from a junkyard car. Gbodyparts.com may even be able to help. Or know the answer.