PDA

View Full Version : ecm bull S#$t

regaldude
10-16-2005, 10:02 PM
does the ecm for the carborated v6 231 control any thing else other than the engine related functions? i am in the process of removing all the emissions friendly overly complicated carb, intake manifold, and distributor. if the car does not have the ecm instaled will i have any problems with the car? i have a edelbrock 500cfm 4barrel carb and dual plane intake as well as a remanufactured vaccum advance distribuitor. there are so many f@#$%in wires which do i need to keep and which can go.? :furious: :cuss: :confused:

Keller
10-17-2005, 01:18 AM
The Engine Control Module controls some carburetor functions and some timing fuctions in the distributor based on knock sensed from the knock sensor.

You may be able to remove the entire engine harness, for the most part. A good bit of it, anyway.

I recall the connectors and such of my carbed Regal getting very brittle with age. You may find that its more advantageous to pull out the entire harness and start with a 'raw' harness that includes only the starter, distributor, battery, and...well, that's about it.

regaldude
10-17-2005, 09:26 PM
how do i get the gromit out in the fire wall where they all go through and where would i get a raw harness